Friday, June 27, 2008

Greetings!

I am so glad that serendipity brought us together at LOEX and that Anne’s creative mind went to work and envisioned CALICO! I have been employed as a reference librarian for four years but I am less than a year into my duties as an instruction coordinator. There is so much that I wish to accomplish but I am still feeling quite green! So, I really look forward to the opportunity to share ideas, challenges, and solutions with other instruction coordinators from the Carolinas.

Last week I attended the Metrolina Library Association Conference held at the Charlotte campus of Johnson & Wales University. Featured speakers were ACRL Information Literacy Immersion instructors Susan Whyte, Library Director, Linfield College and Beth Woodard, Central Information Services Librarian, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. What a great day long conference that provided a wealth of practical advice and renewed my (and my colleagues!) library instruction spirit!

Karen W. Brown, Reference Librarian and Instruction Coordinator, University of South Carolina

No comments: